View Single Post
Old 26-Sep-2011, 11:11 PM   #17
be236

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Back to your original request for help with reception of Canadian stations in Victoria and Vancouver, BC...

CHAN, real channel 22 will have significant co-channel interference when KCPQ builds their CH-22 transmitter on Capitol Hill.

CBUT, real channel 43 is predicted to arrive at your location with a NM of -10.7 dB but that does not include the effect of the adjacent channel interference from KFFV, real channel 44.

As you go down the list further, the prospects for Canadian channels gets even worse.

From your location, a 260' tower and a Wade PB-81-BB or PB-82-BB would offer line of sight access and possibly the F/B ratio and directivity needed to receive several of the Canadian signals.

A remotely operated HTPC or SlingBox in Bellingham would seem more piratical, IMO.
Arg.. I hope it's not "hopeless." I guess we won't know until I try it out with new antenna... If I can't pick up those BC stations, I guess I'll have to give up and be content with getting KVOS RF 35 at 63 miles away...

Just for fun, I put my location on top of Everett's Boeing plant and got like all PLUS value dBs for those stations, for example, CHAN RF 22, showed up with like 8dB, etc... nice.. location... wish it was residential so I could move into that location.. it must be at top of hill.

Also, a few nights back, I got a "blip" of a signal on meter bar (but not watchable) on these Vancouver stations (RF 17, 26, 24 from Orcas Island, and 43)... so must be isotropic atmosphere to give me that "blip." It lasted all night.. but because of my mutiple cable run and probably 3 combiners, I lost maybe 10 db from the cable run?? I really need to just buy a 100 feet RG 6 cable and hook it directly from antenna to TV tuner and see if that helps.

Last edited by be236; 26-Sep-2011 at 11:43 PM.
be236 is offline   Reply With Quote