View Single Post
Old 2-Mar-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
Biff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgagne99 View Post
You have some pretty decent signal strengths. An indoor antenna might work, especially if the window you're putting it next to faces east. You will probably need a VHF element to get your ABC. There is a chance it will come in on a UHF-only rig, but I almost doubt it. I recommend a Clearstream2V, 1V, or 2MAX/1MAX with the VHF kits. I don't think you will need the 4 UHF rings, but ADTech might chime in on this.
Ok, thanks. I was thinking I'd need bigger, but hey if the smaller Clearstream works it will save me some money. Looking at them I'm debating whether the 2V or the 2Max would be the better route. It seems like maybe the back reflector of the 2V would be a plus?

EDIT: New question to go with the old. Looking at my plot I see WIEK-LD that is only 7.8 miles from me. I was wonder what that is since it doesn't list a network. I tried to look it up and all I found was that it's a "translator". I'm wondering if that is a relay station or something? But for what station or station? I'm just wondering what I could get if I pointed towards that since it's really close to me.

Last edited by Biff; 3-Mar-2018 at 3:42 AM.
Biff is offline   Reply With Quote