View Single Post
Old 4-Nov-2013, 9:10 PM   #1
protivakid

Combine VHF only antenna w/ Mohu Sky?

Hi,
I live in central MA where reception can be difficult. I can pull in most of the Boston channels with my Mohu Sky pointed toward their towers but want to get FOX Providence, RI if possible. This channel operates on VHF 12 while all of the Boston channels are UHF. If I turn my Mohu toward Providence I can get Fox on a clear night but it is very inconsistent. I saw posts here about combining a VHF & UHF (though I know the mohu does both to some degree) antennas.

My thought is, point the Mohu Sky HD toward Boston and then grab something along the lines of an Antennacraft y10-7-13 and point that toward Providence. Is this possible? And if so what do I need?

I currently have a line of coax going up to my mohu on the roof with the "mohu power injector" which looks to be the exact same as the Winegard LNA-100.

If it helps here is my fool report: link
And before people ask I have tried everything from rotating the antenna and changing location to get Fox Boston UHF-31. Though most other Boston channels come in fine Fox UHF-31 will not come in.
protivakid is offline   Reply With Quote