View Single Post
Old 26-Mar-2011, 8:41 PM   #24
GroundUrMast

I'm not a politician, artist, doctor or even one of the cool kids. I'm just an old guy with some experience with some technology. Getting everyone to join the battle against cable and satellite companies seems like a hill I don't want to climb, certainly not die on. I spread the word about OTA TV when the opportunity presents. I show friends, family and neighbors what is available over the air and trust them to choose what's best for them.

I'm sure I'm guilty of engineering an atomic clock when I'm asked, "what time is it?"

I think it would be unhelpful and discouraging to simply tell people to get the biggest, most powerful antenna, so I'll keep trying to answer both the direct questions and offer some information that fills in apparent knowledge gaps. It's common to see questions asked by people who 'don't know what they don't know'. That shows courage on their part, which I hope to always show respect for. Filling in gaps in someones knowledge could be like 'teaching someone to fish rather than simply giving them a fish'. If sharing knowledge seems like showing off, I'll probably continue to be guilty of it. If I go beyond that, and participate in posturing and chest pounding - call me on it.

I appreciate everyone's unique reasons for advocating for free OTA TV.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote