View Single Post
Old 23-Apr-2011, 7:37 PM   #5
GroundUrMast

As JC has pointed out, virtual channels are a source of confusion. The antenna has no 'awareness' of virtual channels. Only the real channel is relevant. Virtual Channel 2.1 is really on UHF channel 43 and VC 6.1 is broadcast on real UHF CH-40... both are UHF signals as far as antenna selection is concerned.

I hope ADTech will weigh in re. the CS-5. I am aware that it is sold as a combo VHF/UHF but UHF is not it's strong suit.

As you have already demonstrated, the 'UHF only' CS-2 does receive enough signal to often provide reception of real H-VHF channels, in part due to the high signal levels.

You may find that the construction of your roof and attic is too inhospitable for reliable reception. Because you are having trouble with UHF reception as well as H-VHF, I would strongly recommend trying the CS-2 outside, in the clear. You may find, as I have, that your roof is the biggest problem. When my roof is wet, there is too much attenuation and signal reflection for reliable reception.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 23-Apr-2011 at 7:49 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote