View Single Post
Old 8-Nov-2010, 5:17 PM   #19
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
Don't take it personally. I assume that you don't own the company.

The UHF only C2 antenna box says "Consistent gain through the entire DTV channel spectrum" and "Totally engineered for post 2009 DTV frequencies". How do you defend that?

Yes, some broadcasters are switching back to UHF. In my opinion it's not because VHF is bad for DTV, it's because UHF is better for mobile/handheld.
No, I don't.

We've now on the third version of the C2 packaging. The second version added a UHF gain curve and UHF polar plot on the rear of the carton but missed correcting the verbiage on the front. Our current black box package accurately identifies the antenna by inserting the term "UHF" into the above expressions. We're correcting mistakes as we can. The current black box has been used in production for about a year.

FWIW, I'm testing a candidate VHF dipole for inclusion/retrofit for the C2 (and other UHF antennas) this week. If used, it will provide a predictable level of high-VHF reception and will help tremendously in many circumstances.

I think that your assessment as to the broadcaster's reasons is a secondary reason. Inability to replicate analog coverage combined with poor indoor reception on VHF are the reasons we hear directly from the broadcasters.

Given the current shenanigans in DC with Genachowski, et al, it all might become a moot point anyway.

Quote:
what are you guys babbling about ??
Oh, the irony!

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 8-Nov-2010 at 5:20 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote