View Single Post
Old 28-Jan-2014, 4:49 PM   #18
mulliganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Try a UHF Yagi (42XG, 43Xg or 91X) aimed directly at Springfield and see if you can receive KBRK or at KWBM. Be prepared to try multiple locations and/or heights for the antenna. If sucessful, have the folks at www.tinlee.com make you a custom combiner for channel 49 (for KRBK) or channel 31 (for KWBM). Ask for a model AC-7 for the needed channel.

I would use the pre-amp only on the UHF Yagi, the signals from the C2V should not need a pre-amplifier. Install the AC7 so as to combine the amplified KRBK/KWBM signal with the non-amplifed signals from the C2V, then distribute the signals.

That Skywalker amp is a terrible excuse for an amp as it is very noisy. If you actually need a single-output distribution amplifier (you may not), then a CM-3410 or the PCT equivalent works well.
ADTech thank you for responding and honest opinions. I just have a few follow up questions for you. First off, is this the correct amplifier you were referring to that I might need (splitting to 3 TV's): http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Master...stribution+amp

Can a J-mount be used for the 42XG or 91X? If so, what size? If not, what am I looking at? I am supposed to have someone coming out on Thursday, so I am trying to find the equipment needed on amazon since as a prime member I can get it here in time.

If I can receive the signal with the 42XG or 91X, do you think the signal will be strong enough to watch before the custom combiner comes in?

Do you feel like the preamp being used is good for my situation or should I consider a replacement? Thanks again.
mulliganman is offline   Reply With Quote