View Single Post
Old 23-Dec-2011, 3:17 PM   #7
thescott

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone man View Post
South side is blocked eh? Any other neighboring buildings? How about checking for reflected signals coming at the east or west end of your house?
I helped a lady set up an antenna on her apartment porch. The manager said no roof mounts. A direct view to the broadcast towers was blocked but we got a nice signal bouncing off the neighboring building. Your signals are much stronger than hers.
Will try this out with my Winegard just to see what I see. I should clarify that the south side is blocked for mounting on the side of the house, but I can clear the obstruction by mounting on the roof with a small j-mount, even. The surrounding structures are of similar height to mine (3-4 story, tall, skinny townhomes). I can try aiming at them to see what I get, though the geometry of the bounce would not make sense to me if it worked. It seems hard to predict what radio waves do over complex terrain, though, so let me give it a shot this weekend.

Thanks for the mount suggestions, Electron, but I think I will be going with a roof mount if I do have to mount it.
thescott is offline   Reply With Quote