View Single Post
Old 7-Jun-2010, 12:04 AM   #7
agios11

Thanks for the A/B switch idea. The only problem is that I can't connect my converter box to the tv when doing this since my tv only has one coax. connectionion for anntenna in, and both the antenna and converter box are coax. connections.

One thing I did try with and without the pre amp was running my antenna to a 2 way splitter (and yes, the splitter was after the power supply when I tried it with my pre-amp). I ran one cable out from the slpitter to a singnal combiner. The other out from the splitter went to my converter box. Another cable connected my converter box to vcr, and then a cable went from my vcr to the other side of the signal combiner. Finally, a cable went from the signal combiner to my tv. I had this set up with my previous antenna, an RCA ANT600 indoor/outdoor antenna. This set up worked perfectly with this antenna, but that antenna cut out way to much and finally broke from being moved so much. When I tried this exact set up with my EZ HD anenna, I can get channels on my tv, but not my converter box. I did try replacing the signal combiner with an A/B switch, but I still could get no channels on my converter box. So, I'm confused as to why this set up worked with one anttena, but not another.

Right now, my antenna goes to the power supply which goes to the converter box, which goes to the vcr, which goes to the tv. With this set up, I have to watch about half my channels on my converter box instead of being able to pull them in with my tv. What I don't like about this is that I don't like the picture from my converter box becuase it's not HD and it's all stretched out and doesn't look good. What I want to achieve is being able to watch all the channels from my converter box on channel 4 (not becuse I want to watch the channels on it, but becuase I need it to work so I can record things off my tv with my vcr). I also want to get all my channels in on my tv using my tv tuner so I can watch them in HD.

So, basicly, I need to get my converter box and my tv tuner to both recieve channels from my antenna and I need to have my converter box connected to my tv. I hope that makes it clear!
agios11 is offline   Reply With Quote