View Single Post
Old 7-Apr-2017, 6:57 PM   #1
jcn3604

New Antenna or Amplifier or Both

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4d66816002e

Hi, hoping for some advice. We have always been OTA (no cable out our way) using a directional VHF/UHF roof mounted antenna. Finally got a digital TV and replaced the antenna (think I got the wrong one) and am not receiving all of the channels I would like.

My current situation is an outside Clearstream 2V antenna on a pole. It is approximately 20' off the ground. It is pointing almost due North. House is surrounded by a lot of trees (we basically live on a hill, surrounded by woods). There is 85' of RG59 coax from the antenna to the TV, most put in the walls when we built. We get channels 32, 41, and 34 (NBC, PBS, and ABC) OK with 2 bars of signal strength showing on our set. When there is a lot of wind we get some breakup and signal loss.

I would like to receive channels 22 and 12 (Fox and CBS) and increase the signal strength on the other channels. Don't care about any of the other channels.

I'm wondering if an amplifier and/or a better antenna, such as a DB4, would help? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
jcn3604 is offline   Reply With Quote