View Single Post
Old 23-Aug-2012, 3:21 PM   #1
BlueRidgeVA

Cut the Cable in the mountains

Hello all,

I'm new to OTA TV. We just cancelled our DirecTV account. We've been streaming using ROKU (highly recommended if you have fast internet connection (ours is about 4Meg). But we don't get the networks real time so I'm looking at an antenna.
Here's my reception report.
I'm on a downhill lot facing about southeast, but have a good view to the 77 azimuth. We're only interested in picking up the signals from the channels at the 77 azimuth. I should be able to mount the antenna on the downhill exterior side of the house facing the transmitter. I would like to test whatever antenna I get from inside the house, about 4 feet below the final antenna mounting location, and behind one exterior wall. The test would be with direct cable to the receiver. The actual cable route to the receiver might be a bit circuitous (down to ground level, into crawl, connect to existing cabling, then up to receiver). I can see from the report that reception is possible, but I'm not sure about dB loss from cabling, etc. to figure out how I might get this to work.
I'd appreciate any advice, equipment recommendations, etc.
Thanks in advance
BlueRidgeVA is offline   Reply With Quote