View Single Post
Old 30-Sep-2014, 8:29 PM   #5
timgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflynn7 View Post
Timgr,
I want to say, 'Yes, we always choose antenna on the TV setup'. I know for a fact we did it on at least one of the TVs. But we switched TVs and setups so often...I now wonder... This is something I will definitely verify when i return in 2 weeks.

Also, I don't see anything obvious in the trailer that would power the built-in antenna. In other words, there is just a standard jack for the co-ax. There isn't any switches, buttons or anything. The owner's manual doesn't provide any additional info about the antenna.
Thanks!
The preamp is powered from the coaxial cable. The DC power needed by the preamp can travel along the coaxial cable along with the TV signal. There would be an additional part that you add indoors inline with the TV cable lead-in. This would have a wall transformer that in turn plugs into the new part you added to the lead-in.

So are you using the Sensar, or the 1Byone? The 1Byone says "powered" which implies that it needs a power supply. The Sensar looks like a passive antenna. If your neighbors are using a Sensar with a power supply, it's likely something that they added.

Last edited by timgr; 30-Sep-2014 at 8:35 PM.
timgr is offline   Reply With Quote