View Single Post
Old 7-Aug-2019, 1:01 AM   #15
Gophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Actually, after the 2009 repack, it was 74% of full power stations. Post-repack, I don't know offhand. I haven't seen any reliable numbers and I'm not motivated enough to dig through everything at the moment. There were a couple of dozen stations that took cash to move from UHF to VHF and a fair number of others who took cash to just go off the air, whether completely or via a channel sharing arrangement with a remaining station.

When it comes to the Flex, make sure the mounting surface is CLEAN before putting up onto that surface. The Sure Grip is actually the same type os stuff that the old "Wacky Wall Walker" toys were made of. They do a REALLY good job of picking up any dust and lint which then renders them useless for sticking to a wall or window. I send out a couple of replacement strips every week, it seems because of that, for the Eclipse and the Flex.

The Flex does very well on high-VHF. It has pretty flat gain all the way across the 7-13 channel range due to an extraordinarily fat dipole section that's in there. For UHF, it has a single tapered loop element.
Thank you for the detail reply. Can't wait to give it a try. Hoping it will at least get the 9.4 channel that doesn't come in at all. I also forgot about 9.5 and 9.9 But 9.9 doesn't matter to me as i have that channel period with directv. It Fox 9. Just wanted the antenna for all these subchannels.
Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote