View Single Post
Old 13-Jan-2016, 9:49 PM   #6
tomfoolery

Update: I moved the DB4e and single dipole antennas further north inside the attic, and a foot or so higher, and picked up two more channels out of Buffalo so I now get all three in the red band (WGRZ real 33, WIVB real 39, and WKBW real 38), and WGRZ shows 0.5 dB NM at 62 miles with 2-edge diffraction. From inside the attic. Yikes. Signal strength* is down to 40% on WIVB, but it's solid most of the time.

ION WPXJ real 23 now comes in 100% signal strength almost all the time (but clean all of the time), and I gained a couple more, closer stations, that never registered before. I may play around some more, as I expect the trees to interfere more come warm weather, but I'm pleased so far.

I wonder if I can sister another DB4e to make essentially a DB8e, which also allows me to take one with me when I move?

Either way, thanks for the input. I had played with location a bit, but never moved it to that end of the attic, which seemed to be the ticket here.

*I suspect the signal strength 'meter' on the screen really is strength, as I sometimes get pixelation with signals in the high 80's or better, and a clean signal with some stations as low as the 50's and even 40's.
tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote