View Single Post
Old 9-Dec-2014, 2:07 PM   #15
coggsnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
You should absolutely NOT be using two amplifiers. Heck, you don't even need one with signals that strong. Amplifying signals that are already strong is usually an open invitation to amplifier or tuner overload which results in LESS reception, not more.

If your Sky 60 uses the indoor amp that's white and cylindrical, be advised it's really not a very good amp (easy to overload, much higher gain than advertised, no filtering in spite of advertising), especially when compared to Jolt's older indoor amp that was in a black metal case. That's what happens when Walmart beats up on you to reduce costs.
Honestly, not sure if there is an amp built into the antenna or not. Was reading the manual and it said I could use the splitter and it would be good for an additional 30 feet. I used the amp from Home Depot because I knew I was going to have more than a 30 foot cable. Worked, except for this one channel.

Yes, using the white jolt amp now, on my second as the original died after about a week. Do you think I would be better off just using a basic splitter? Can pick one up at radio shack on my way home today.
coggsnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote