View Single Post
Old 8-Dec-2014, 1:49 PM   #3
coggsnyrnyg

I am using another amplifier. I was originally using the Mohu 4-way splitter/Jolt: http://store.gomohu.com/jolt-4-way-a...amplifier.html

However, it died after about a week. While waiting for a new one, bought another 4-way from home depot with the amp (don't know the name off top of my head). I have 2 tvs currently, getting a 3rd in a few weeks and a 4th probably within a year. Both tv's are located in the front of the house, and there is a decent run of cable from the antenna. About 60 feet to one and 75 to the other.

Last week, Giants game would not come in at all on 5-1 (HD Fox), but was fine on the SD Fox (5-3). Yesterday, it was unwatchable on both channels and both tv's. the 4pm fox game as well was a nightmare.

Mohu sent me a new 4-way splitter/Jolt, quickly installed it this morning and removed the home depot splitter. On the downstairs tv, was able to get 5-3, but not 5-1. Only watched for about 5 minutes before I had to leave. When I get home tonight, will try disconnecting the splitter and using a female to female to test it on a direct run.

I have not checked the angle of the antenna. Just put it up, tested it, everything seemed ok, so left it.

I pick up 61 channels, the main channels get a great reception, but just not fox.

Connections were all tight, but will check them again.

Thank you for info and suggestions.
coggsnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote