View Single Post
Old 19-Jul-2011, 1:07 PM   #44
dcp12345678

John, based on the comments by Scott that he cannot get the ION station due to the station's low signal and tower height, I just wondered if you had any suggestions on a way to get it? The Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WGPX-TV) says that it only puts out 95kw. It seems to be common in this area where I live to NOT be able to get this station OTA, even with a high end antenna like the Winegard 9095P.

I think it's probably not going to be possible, and I should probably just accept this and be willing to live without this station, but I just wondered if you had any ideas on it. I guess low transmitter power from a station is pretty hard to overcome.

It seems the Antenna Craft U4000 Uhf you recommended should do fine for the stations here locally. If I wanted to try to get some of the farther away stations in Charlotte (about an hour driving distance away from where I live), I guess the Winegard 9095P like Scott has might be ok too.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all their helpful comments, I'm extremely grateful to all of you.
dcp12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote