Thread: IN or OUT?
View Single Post
Old 22-Apr-2011, 8:52 PM   #12
m-323

OMG! this is tons of Great Info guys thanks!

looks like either way, I will be taking it DOWN again which is not really an easy task.

gosh, Id like to be able to get away from the TWO down lines IF possible.

turning the TOP antenna to the US and the bottom one to Toronto makes sense. I was considering that but then thought, I can live without the US channels so I wanted to absolutely be able to get the few out of Toronto you know? so I put the emphasis there.

before I had the "US" antenna pointed about 130 degrees off the Toronto one, so it was aiming almost reverse to the Toronto one. this was in line with Rochester but then a friend said that Buffalo is closer so I tried to point it at Buffalo which is about 50 degrees off Toronto according to the map.

I guess the other option is to point them both in one direction, thereby getting the best signal and no cross signal with other channels, but that means rotating the mast to see US channels and how can I become a professional couch potato if I have to keep going outside to rotate the mast?

its bad enough now, sometimes I sit down and FORGET to pick up the remote BEFORE sitting down!

BTW for a picture, Im using the small Casio LED projector! its so small, it sits on top of a bookcase. You can hardly tell its there and we project the images on a wall about 18ft away. The image can be up to 100 inches across (not diagonally) but we have it at about 8ft wide and hte picture is just great! its our second projector. Using projectors in lie of TV has been life altering!

Sound is piped through the surround sound stereo so the experience is rich!

We dident even have to paint the wall! I have a small 4x4 projector screen that we used just to test to see the difference and yes, you get a bit more reflection, eg brighter picture, but 99% of the time the picture is just great. the only time as have to close one blind is if the sun is just going down and its only certain times of year.

there are no mounting brackets to hang a big heavy tv on and when its off (which is usually never) the room looks neat with no TV.

Kids play video games on it all the time. I will highly recommend it!

this was it aiming on another wall. we since changed the room around and the picture is even more vivid on the new wall cause its not as directly effected by windows.

in this pic, all the blinds are open and its the middle of the day. You can see the walls are taupe colour, not even white!

Last edited by m-323; 22-Apr-2011 at 9:06 PM. Reason: additional info
m-323 is offline   Reply With Quote