View Single Post
Old 29-Oct-2015, 12:56 AM   #11
Mecha Archzilla

Ok, so update.

This is not going as well as I hoped. They came out Friday and installed the antenna on the chimney. The cable is run into the attic through a FM trap to a splitter. 3 lines go from this splitter and run down the walls to wall outlets in the upstairs bedrooms. The 4th line runs back outside the attic, down the back wall, under the house, into another splitter and back up into wall outlets in 4 rooms.

The upstairs rooms pick up all channels no problem, but the downstairs sets do not pick up 39 or 47. I need an amp, but not sure how I will install one since there is no power outlet in the attic. The cost of the install has also increased from $600 dollars quoted to $1100 after I added 2 lines of network cable and they had to do some drywall work to get lines installed upstairs (which I also have to repaint 2 walls).

Also, they worked for 10 hours on Friday and had to leave because it got dark. Came back today and finished up inside, but have to come back again to do the grounding of the antenna because he forgot the tall ladder.

Unfortunately they were not as professional as I thought they would be based on their website and reviews and such, as the install was not as neat or as seamless as I had hoped.

Anyways. . .
Any thoughts on how to boost signal downstairs, short of having an electrician install an outlet in the attic or running an extension cord 75 feet down the back of my house and to the nearest outlet?
Mecha Archzilla is offline   Reply With Quote