View Single Post
Old 30-Jan-2015, 5:40 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

I'd use a DB4E + Antennacraft Y5713. Use an RCA TVPRAMP1R set for 'separate' UHF and VHF inputs and FM trap 'on'. Connect the DB4E to the UHF input and the Y5713 to the VHF input of the preamp.

Mounted outdoors, clear of obstructions, this combination should be expected to provide reliable reception of most if not all of the top 15 (or more) stations listed on your TV Fool report.

I've not been disappointed with the factory assembled cables or the bulk RG-6 cable sold at Home Depot. Quite a few years ago, I was very disappointed with product from Radio Shack, but in recent years have found some of their products to be satisfactory... Though a bit pricey. No need to use quad-shield coax.

To feed two TVs and a DVR, I'd use an Ideal 85-133 3-way splitter. (Many 3-way splitters including the 85-133 have two ports that will have twice the loss of the remaining. The ports on the 85-133 are labeled 4 dB, 8dB & 8dB. use the 4 dB port to drive the longest run of coax.)

Please consider grounding the antenna system: http://forum.tvfool.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=20

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 31-Jan-2015 at 12:57 AM. Reason: 3-way insertion loss
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote