View Single Post
Old 25-Dec-2011, 1:14 PM   #5
DEDon

Still in the Valley of Descision regarding antenna.

I found another antenna, even though I have already ordered one, that I may choose. It has a number of really good reviews. This is it:
http://www.amazon.com/RCA-ANT751R-Ou...uct/B0024R4B5C

I failed to mention in previous posts that my home-made antenna includes so rabbit ears. Perhaps that is why I am getting the VHF channel six so well.

I attached a picture of the antenna that I made, taken from the ground level. Again, this is TEMPORARY.

Continuing with the original thread subject, I am perplexed by what has happened since my last post.

I did receive the 8180 preamp that I ordered and, as per the directions, I hooked it up temporarily right at the TV. I ran another channel scan, an to my dismay, 29-1, the local fox station disappeared! I immediately removed the preamp, again, and re-scanned the channels. 29-4 is gone! Before, I had a weak (42-44 strength meter reading) signal that would drop off and wouldn't lock in. Now, it doesn't even exist after scanning. ...didn't go up and move the antenna. I don't understand.

The preamp didn't really seem to help that much. I was hoping that it was going to amplify the signal from 29.1. Instead, I've lost 29.1 (FOX), altogether. My other channels are still coming in but with no significant improvement.

I am still waiting for the order that include the rotor and upper mast. And I want to order a diplexer with threaded connectors. The one that I soldered to my home-made is a Radio Shack P.O.C. without a threaded connector and there are plenty of them in the Internet.

I appreciate the comments and the links. I did know how to point an antenna but, that will help someone, I'm sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of DSCF2012_2.jpg (58.2 KB, 1550 views)
Viewsonics VSMA 601C-10R Amp
Samsung 55UH8500FXZA
DEDon is offline   Reply With Quote