View Single Post
Old 14-Jan-2016, 7:53 PM   #12
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman View Post
A couple of things-
1) My neighbor is having trouble with WNBC (channel 4‑1 (28)) I'm hoping to be able to do something that will enable me to receive this channel.
2) If I have the HD7698P antenna pointed at 263 degrees would I have to change direction to view stations that go to down 260 degrees and up to 270 degrees. Some of these stations might be worth watching. I would love to set and forget the antenna direction if possible (and save on the purchase of a rotator).
From your comments, it appears that the weakest station you really want to receive is WNBC with an NM of 8.9...plus it is a 2 edge signal (as are many of your other stations).

To have the best possible chance of receiving WNBC, I would suggest going with a DB8e UHF antenna--the extra 1 or 2 dB extra gain as compared to the Winegard 7698 might make all the difference in the world for reliable reception of WNBC. Couple that to a separate VHF-Hi antenna such as the Stellar Labs 8 or 12 element version using a UVSJ combiner.

Aim the DB8e at WNBC and then tweak it back and forth a bit to get your best signal on WNBC. The rest of your UHF stations in that 259 to 264 degree arc that are stronger than WNBC should not be a problem...the bandwidth of the antenna ranges from 17 to 24 degrees depending on the frequency.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote