View Single Post
Old 31-Dec-2014, 11:32 AM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Most areas north of Hwy 210 cannot get reliable reception from Mt Wilson. The further north you go, the worse it becomes. The closer you are to the mountain to the west, it gets even worse.

If you want to give it a shot, be prepared for a significant challenge and for possible failure. Go with a deep fringe UHF plus a deep fringe high-VHF antenna pair (forget the Slacker), along with a high-signal tolerant pre-amplifier. Use separate antennas because it's most likely that your UHF and VHF signals will be present in different locations. Aim the antennas at the visible horizon in the direction of Mt Wilson and be prepared to try multiple antenna mounting locations to see if you can find a spot where enough of the faint, diffracted signals converge well enough for reception. I wouldn't use anything other than a temporary mount until you're able to find such a location, should it exist.

Quote:
The elevation at my home is about 2100 Ft ASL,
Yes, but the last ridge line immediately to your west about 5 miles away is about 4000' ASL. That's after the signals have to diffract over Monrovia Peak which is around 5500' ASL. The transmitters on Wilson are around 6000' ASL.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 31-Dec-2014 at 11:51 AM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote