View Single Post
Old 31-Dec-2014, 2:10 AM   #1
Roundabout

Antenna Suggestions - Signals blocked by mountains - Alta Loma, CA

Hello all,

This is my first post here, and I'd welcome any suggestions for what to use in the case of signals being blocked by mountains. I'm in North Alta Loma, CA (AKA Rancho Cucamonga) and all the transmitters on Mt Wilson are in the shadow path of a rather large mountain just to the west of me, although I'm not that far from the transmitters as the crow flies (about 25 mi). I was very discouraged when I saw my report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15af30a07ee3

Even FM stations from LA are not very strong here. I've never attempted to put up an antenna at this home, I notice none of my neighbors here have either. Cable has gotten so expensive that I am forced to consider using an antenna as an alternative (and get HD, which the CableCo charges extra for). The elevation at my home is about 2100 Ft ASL, but I don't think that helps any due to the mountain issues. I have a fairly large piece of property (1/2 ac) and can put up a tower if need be - but I don't know from looking at the figures if I can get any TV at all from here other than Ch. 24 (PBS).

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for antennas, such as the HD Stacker that is touted by some, or is there something better? Thanks in advance for any input.
Roundabout is offline   Reply With Quote