View Single Post
Old 25-Nov-2013, 3:40 AM   #11
navagator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleview View Post
+=>
--------
Here are some ways to find information about Tv stations and what Programing is transmitted.

In the , www.google.com or www.yahoo.com , search box , type in variations of the Tv station call sign.

As examples , k23ci , k23ci tv , k23ci-tv , k23ci lp , k23ci-lp , and so forth.

As examples , kcci , kcci tv , kcci-tv , kcci , kcci lp , and so forth.

2 web sites and not the only web sites that will find that have a lot of Pratical and Usefull information are , wikipedia and rabbitears.info .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the , www.fcc.gov , web site , in the search box at the FCC web site , type in , tv query , tv query broadcast station search .

--------

Can also type this in the , www.google.com , search box

transition.fcc.gov/mb/video/tv.html

-----------

In the , Call Sign , box type in the tv station call sign.

Such as , kcci or k23ci .

The FCC web site shows that the Repeater Transmitter are Licensed as , Analog transmitters. Not Digital .

Analog can only transmit one channel of programing.

Digital Tv stations can transmit more then one channel of programing.

Sometimes the originating Tv station , such as KCCI will have only one network on a Analog transmitter , such as CBS.

And can also be two networks on the Analog transmitter ,

By transmitting one network and then the other network , by devideding up the day and night.

So the question is.

Knowing that you will like to watch CBS and Me-Tv.

What Network/s are on the Analog Repeater's (Translators)??

A way to find out is to call the Tv stations on the telephone and have a infoational chat with the engineering department.

---------

My recommendation for the antenna/s , will be based on what is being what Networks are being transmitted on the repeater translators.

---------

KCII channel 8 will be tough to receive reliably.

So if , k23ci , has both Networks , might do it that way , because the signal is closer and stronger.
Thank you for your reply.

From what I understand the translator has been dissolved. Here is a link to NorthPine's Facebook page where I found the information: https://www.facebook.com/northpine/p...51523391561204 .

It may have been in operation though. If it was, I'm afraid I couldn't pull it in.
navagator is offline   Reply With Quote