View Single Post
Old 19-Oct-2016, 6:40 PM   #5
ZippyTheChicken

so then what? manufacturers build to theoretical designs?

I guess there is no real wind tunnel to test all the frequencies at a distance to evaluate design.. you can get a number of station frequencies I would guess or you could put up a very very low power broadcast tower and see how it responds across the whole spectrum.

but like bunny ears you can modify on the fly .. maybe you could do that with a larger design to fine tune it.

anyway .. just a thought that had been going through my head for the past week or so...

the UHF antennas do well without the fine tuning of lengths but VHF requires almost single station dipoles for each frequency .. not really but .. and then UHF is added on ...

I was just wondering that a Channel 2 dipole would have all those Higher Band signals passing through it multipal times which i thought would improve the possibility of catching those signals...

Like a 2 dipole would would catch one 54mhz signal and then that 2 dipole would catch many instances of a 470mhz and above so it would be that much better for UHF.. but seems not

ZippyTheChicken is offline   Reply With Quote