View Single Post
Old 26-Feb-2014, 4:37 PM   #1
HDTV-OTA

Antenna Recommendation setup rural Fort Worth, TX

I’m new to the HDTV antenna subject. For the past several weeks, I have been reading some excellent posts and information on the forums from some very dedicated, knowledgeable and helpful members. I’ve been reading about the Channel Master 4228, Gray-Hoverman variations, XG-91, Super G-1483, Yagi style, Channel Master 4251 Parabolic 7ft(discontinued in 2000), CM double boom 3617B, Finco 400-A antennas(aka "bed spring), Mclapp’s M4 (2) 10” whisker 4 bays stacked vertically, Wade Delhi 8' dish - about $2,500, and HD Stacker, and others. I tried the Mohu Leaf Ultimate, but received zero channels in this area. I need some help with finding the best antennas for my location. Below is my TVFool search location. Given the report, I’m almost located in the middle of the Fort Worth antenna farm and the Witchita Falls antenna farm. The Fort Worth antenna farm(32 channels) is between 65-70 miles away. I like the Antenna Direct DB8 (8 Bay Bowtie) setup. I’m open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help.
1. Would 1 DB8 be sufficient?
2. Would 1 DB8 with an amplifier be sufficient? If so, what amp?
3. Would Stacking 2 DB8’s?
4. Would stacking 2 DB8’s with an amp? If so, what amp? Splitters/Combiners?
5. Receive VHF-Lo and VHF-Hi channels?
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b94d6c4425aa5
HDTV-OTA is offline   Reply With Quote