View Single Post
Old 21-Apr-2020, 4:32 AM   #20
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

I've made it to the Forum circuit, asking for advice. Luckily for me a couple of guys offered help over here Tripleo and over on AVS Calaveras.

Both agreed that the length of the boom is the most important. Calaveras suggested I would need to double the size of my antenna. Tripleo also gave me some great rule of thumb advice on the directors.

I tried to contact some people who specialize in antenna modeling but I was unsuccessful. Without any antenna modeling I decided to forge ahead and just try add four more directors on for a total of 16 I kept the last four directors the same size which was 21". I used one of the director booms and the holes were already pre-drilled to 10 and 1/2 inches spacing.

How does it work? I don't know yet. I had a storm creeping on me during the final mounting. I had to barely tighten up the mast clamp, wait for the rain squall the stop, jump back on the roof and try to re angle the antenna in the dark. The 40 mile-an-hour gusts made it difficult. I'll have to get back on the ladder tomorrow morning check my connections.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200420_190550_copy_768x1024.jpg (381.5 KB, 1908 views)

Last edited by bobsgarage; 23-Oct-2020 at 9:32 PM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote