View Single Post
Old 7-Jul-2014, 1:53 AM   #38
Pete Higgins

RE: Difficult location 15 miles west of Seattle

kenj66,

We get wind gusts in the 60-70 mph range all the time and in the two years I had the 91XG up with the amp attached that way it was rock solid. As far as interfering, -logic would dictate it did but I couldn’t see any difference in performance between it mounted that way or tie wrapped to the lower support bracket. I did it more for convenience than anything else.

At one time, I actually ran 4 of those little amps., one on my high VHF antenna, one each on my two 91XG’s and a fourth on my Winegard HD6065 10 Element FM Antenna. I just ran a separate power coax & built a mast mounted 15 V power distribution box to power all of them. I couldn’t find a UVSJ to supply power and combine all three in a single coax. The FM antenna had a separate RF run but since I already had power on the mast I powered its amp. the same way.

Why don’t you try mounting the antenna on one mast section without guys? You can always add the second one later if you determine you need it. I’ve had two brand new 4½‘ sections for probably the last 30 years that I thought I might need at some point and have never used. By-the-way, they are gold!

No idea why or when the nomenclature changed. I only got back in to OTA TV in 2010, more as a hobby after I retired than to save on the cable bill. By then they were advertised and talked about as 91XG’s. I did see some posts for XG91’s but thought they were due to dyslexic typing.

Hope you had a great 4th. I know I sure did.

Last edited by Pete Higgins; 7-Jul-2014 at 1:55 AM.
Pete Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote