View Single Post
Old 10-Oct-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
Flint Ridge
Junior Member Wannabe

Well, as I had upgraded everything in my OTA world, it was prudent to help my neighbor who lost his tower last fall. Did get him a temp setup with a 91XG and the 10-13-7 or whatever it is called all ran through an RCA amp. Got some of the channels most of the time.

As he helped me retrieve my "new" tower from out of state, I helped find and get him lined up with one as well and brought it home etc. It's been up for a few months, we put it up the same day we put mine up.

So last weekend it was GH10 on top with Kitz-Tech KT-500 amp and this weekend the GH6 fed into the RCA amp on the combined side (28 db of gain, w/FM filter). UHF comes in on RG11 and the VHF on RG6, all new, all compression fittings fed into UVSJ and split to 3 tv's. So although his UHF antenna is a bit weaker than mine, I have split mine 5 ways.

Dialed everything in via a laptop out in the yard with the Areo-M, nice to just be tied off up top, chat on cell phone via earpiece and nudge it around until the SNR is peaked on the weak stations. TV Fool really helped me to dial it in already with the overlay satellite views. It looked familiar when you are 80' up.

So here it is. GH10 @ 85' or so. Tower is an old Rohn G60 80'. GH6 @ 65', which should have been the sweet spot. He has better signal than I. On his I used just a CM balun. Mine has a cut balun, extra FM filter etc and simply must just be too much or something wrong in my math on the cut balun. But is holds solid. Will take that out "sometime".

The GH6 VHF does very well. SNR was 27 or so on the Aero-M on the weakest station.

Flint Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote