View Single Post
Old 13-Nov-2017, 6:39 PM   #1
shenrie

boise idaho reception tips/recommendations.

first off, cool site. wish I would have found it sooner, lol.

second, the specs for my area: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...60ed1f871cce8b

weve never been much of tv enthusiasts, but the wife has been struck down with a disease called crps and we are pretty much homebodies until her condition (hopefully) goes into remission. that said, I have a 2 part question regarding reception. at home and out camping.

for home. I look at the list in that link and notice some of those channels we have, some we don't, and we have some that aren't listed. currently using bunny ears (for each set, no splitters) and reception is different from one end of the house to the other. we recently picked up a tv for the kitchen and decided to try a different antennae in that room. we picked up a Mohu Mini Flat 25-Mile HDTV Antenna from wallyworld and it seems to pick up quite a bit more than the oldschool bunny ears. so apparently technology with antennae's has come a little ways. im guessing that our old bunny ear setups need to be thrown away and updated. so my question would be is this mohu setup with buying 2 more of for other sets in the house, or is there a better way to go?

for camping... is there anything available for up camping? all we really want is to be able to catch a football game or olympics when up camping and weather keeps us in the rv. we typically camp within 25 miles (as the crow flies) from the main antennae's outside of town, but at times there are taller mtns in the way. im guessing we are pretty limited on this question, but wanted to touch on the subject just in case one of the gurus here had any solutions.

thanks in advance for the help. I searched for other Idaho threads and there really isn't much on here, so I understand there may not be much assistance available. either way, thanks for reading and trying.
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote