View Single Post
Old 26-Feb-2016, 7:28 PM   #14
Pay_No_More

Getting parts together. . .

OK, thanks folks! Attached is an image of the FM Report for my location.

Now I have ordered some parts to hopefully make this an improved installation. Stuff ordered:
- Juice Preamplifier
- Radio Shack FM Trap (#1500024)
- 200 ft of quad shield RG-6 (replacing all old runs, not quad shielded, minimizing connection points)
- Both RG6 Cable Stripping and Connector Compression tools, and extra connectors (pretty sure I will be assisting others to do this in the future)
- Couple of F Male to F Male couplers (to eliminate short cables at the trap/preamp & power inserter/splitter connection points
- Coax Seal tape (to weather protect exterior connectors).
Since I am relocating the antenna to my alternate location I will install a new ground rod much closer to that location (for mast/ground connection). I will install an electrical A/C outlet above the existing drop ceiling as power source for the power inserter, this is where the cable enters the interior of the house. I will connect the power inserter case to the house electrical ground.

I appreciate your inputs. When this installation is completed I will update this thread with my results. Depending on deliveries, weather, and my helpers' schedule it may be a few weeks before I report back.
Attached Images
File Type: png Radar-FM-2.png (113.7 KB, 682 views)

Last edited by Pay_No_More; 26-Feb-2016 at 7:30 PM.
Pay_No_More is offline   Reply With Quote