View Single Post
Old 5-Aug-2013, 7:36 PM   #12
Wake49

Ok, I finally finished moving the antenna above the roofline via a gable mount.

My configuration:

Coaxial: Antenna's transformer to a RCA Preamp, Preamp to grounding block, grounding block to preamp power supply, power supply to TV. Coaxial grounding block is grounded to grounding rod with its own #8 wire.

Mast: Home run #8 wire from grounding clamp on mast to grounding clamp on rod on rear of house.

Grounding rod: Added at back of house to accommodate antenna service, bonded with # 6 AWG wire around perimeter of house to the main service grounding rod, tied each with its own grounding clamp.

I am now picking up FOX and CBS reliably, most of the time with six to seven bars of service. I did lose reliability for real 20 (WCCT) and real 39 (WCTX). I am surprised with real 39, since it shares a tower with WTNH 8 and I get that with seven bars no problem...

I rarely watch those two channels, and I think that I am happy with my lineup now that I get FOX and CBS (although after all this hard work I read that those two are threatening pulling their OTA broadcasts). If I feel really necessary though, I might just end up buying the DB4E antenna, as I know that it will outperform my RCA ANT751R. But I am happy at the present moment with what I have.

Thanks!
Wake49 is offline   Reply With Quote