View Single Post
Old 29-Jan-2012, 12:48 AM   #17
MisterMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoPaul View Post

So, if I understand you, and rely on antenna modeling software, VSWR testing in a model can be totally different in a laboratory, and can and probably is totally different in the real world, and will vary greatly in real world installations.
Let's not get snippy. Models are theoretical calculations. Laboratory tests are performed in controlled environments. The Real World is neither theoretical nor is it controlled. However, models and lab tests help people in the Real World optimize their antenna installations.

Quote:
Considering all of the replies regarding how badly a fractal antenna fails in modeling, then seeing a few companies (including the military) working on fractal antennas (applications including Bluetooth, cell phones, and etc.)
I have no idea where you get this from. I have seen models of fractal antennas that show spectacular results compared to conventional designs.

Quote:
In theory, everything is theoretical, but in application, everything is applicable.
This is simply not true.

Quote:
The Ruckman style Fractal TV Antenna works for me, and probably will for thousands of others.
Nobody said otherwise. What is called into question are your statements. If something works, then your erroneous statements about it does not change the fact that it works.
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote