View Single Post
Old 10-Dec-2012, 2:44 PM   #22
PeteyMcp

Thanks for the input. I will probably try to simulate a higher mast by getting up on the roof and holding the antenna up over my head and checking for signal. Other than safety, are there any other concerns with me doing this, i.e. me holding the antenna affecting the signal?

I definitely won't get over the trees, but I'd like to see if it helps. Here's a view from the current antenna height (About 20' above grade, about a foot above the roof) in the direction of CBS, which I do not get at all:

Here is the direction of ABC and NBC, I get ABC no problem, I don't get NBC at all. I am aware that the Maple is going to cause me problems in the Summer, it may not be long for this world as we're thinking about having it removed:

And here is the direction of Fox, CW, MyN, and PBS, all of which we get very clearly:

ABC has a signal strength around 60-70, all of the others that we receive are in the 80-90 range.

Based on these photos, and I fighting a losing battle? There are other people in the area with antennas and similar if not worse tree cover. I may knock on a couple of doors to see how their reception is, or if they're even using the antennas any more.

I'm wondering if the hill in the direction of CBS and ABC/NBC may be blocking the signal, and maybe getting up another 8-10 feet will solve the problem.
PeteyMcp is offline   Reply With Quote