View Single Post
Old 17-Oct-2018, 3:09 PM   #7
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
I did read another post, somewhere, indicating that there were some changes in FCC regulations, paving the way for some stations to reduce their power. I don't know if this is true or not.
Don't know what you read, but it was either wrong or taken out of its proper context. It is necessary, occasionally, to operate at reduced power or from an auxiliary antenna or facility due to technical failures or when crews need to work on the towers. Sometimes, stations announce this ahead of time but often times, they don't. Depends how much they care about their viewers who use antennas.

FWIW, when WTXF completes its move from channel 42 to channel 31 next summer, they will have made two important changes that will benefit your location: The will have increased total power transmitted to a million watts and will have eliminated their directional antenna. As a result, the power sent in your direction will increase four-fold over what they are licensed to do right now.

Surprised no one asked this yet: Is the antenna aimed into one or more trees at relatively short range (< 200 yards)? That is, by far, the most common reason for loosing a station or for a station whose calculated signals indicate it *should* be easy but reception problems occur.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote