View Single Post
Old 7-Jan-2012, 3:05 PM   #1
ChrisAntennahead

Cool STRANGE: WEDW 49(Bridgeport PBS) Frozen green/pink picture at 90-100%

The above situation has just started happening yesterday, Friday. Also yesterday channel 21 WLIW(Long Island PBS) signal strength dropped from a usable steady 50-60% down to 10-20%.

BACKGROUND:

My Location: 35miles NE of NYC, 20miles ESE of Bridgeport CT.
Setup: Antennacraft HBU-55 on SW corner of house handling NY Metro, combined with Antennacraft DB8 on NE corner handling greater Bridgeport.

TVF resume for my location: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...7fb9eea020a99f

DETAILS:
Above setup has for the full month it has been up pulled in the following:
-All major NY Metro(2.1-13.1 plus 21.1 WLIW and 31.1-4 iOnTV)
-All Spanish Channels
-The following "fringers": WGCN 17(Religious), WSAH 43(Bridgeport), WNJB 58(NJ), and WMBC 63.

Yesterday afternoon, I tune in WEDW 49(PBS Bridgeport), the screen is frozen with bands of green and pink on the bottom and intermittent audio. Signal strength is still where it's always at - between 90-100%. Simultaneously, WLIW 21(PBS Long Island) signal strength dropped to practically unusable. LIW has since slowly recovered to it's "usual" strength(50-60%).

Intermezzo: I have checked all connections and positions of antennae, all tight and normal, no damage to outside or inside RG6. Weather, calm and clear low to mid 40s F.

This morning(Saturday), EDW 49 was also visible for about a half hour between 8 and 9am, but soon froze back up and this time signal strength went at times down to 0%.

I must emphasize: All other stations mentioned above are reporting normally per my location and per TV Fool. The issue affects only PBS stations, and as of now only WEDW 49 Bridgeport. Hopefully this will head off any suggestions here of "equipment issues".

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me as to the channel 49 dilemma.

Signed,

PBS/NPR Addict
ChrisAntennahead is offline   Reply With Quote