View Single Post
Old 6-Jun-2017, 6:45 PM   #1
billydee

Consistently intermittent Reception - Could it be a translator issue?

Hi there.
I've been having an intermittent reception issue with two stations for about 6 months now. I'm using an HDB8X antenna mounted outside, appx 12 feet off the ground.
The two stations are-
1- K42DI-D Bayfield Colorado (I see this one as CBS 6.1 (42.3 KREZ-DT)
2- K42DI-D Bayfield Colorado ( I see this one as Fox 6.2)

Here's my location-
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4e224a27b9b

I never had an issue with these two stations previously but there was a change made about 8 months ago where the Fox station was channel 2.1 for me and then moved to the 6.2 channel. Telemundo replaced Fox at the 2.1 channel.

Shortly thereafter the problem started. It just goes out completely on both of them at the same time for anywhere from a couple of minutes to 20-30 minutes. Sometime there will be some minor pixelation for a minute or two just before they disappear but not always. No real pattern as far as time of day or anything either.

I've also verified my antenna is pointed in the right direction a couple times. All the other stations from that ridge work fine. A friend that lives closer than me and points to the same ridge has exactly the same issue.

Wondering if any of you experts have seen symptoms like this before. Any thoughts and advice are appreciated.
Thanks
billydee is offline   Reply With Quote