View Single Post
Old 22-Feb-2013, 4:18 PM   #3
squarecmb

Thanks for your reply! When I first started I originally pointed the antenna at 173 degrees and don't remember having the problem with uhf channel 48. I recently readjusted to see if I could pick up Baltimore channels as well which is when I started having problems. Sometimes it takes a long time to get a lock on the channel and after it does it often freezes. I reused a satellite mount which is on the south east side of my house. I mounted the antenna as high as I could on that mount so I would have to buy a different mount in order to mount it higher (not really sure I feel comfortable doing that as I rent the place I am living in now). Aiming at 131 degrees I have a fairly clear path.. if I aim at 173 degrees or 90 degrees the antenna is pointed at some fairly decent sized trees.. the antenna isn't mounted high enough to get above my roofline to the north.

I bought the preamp because it was cheap, but maybe it isn't even necessary? I can take it off and see. When I first started I was worried about the length of the cable run and the fact that I had multiple barrel connectors and splitters. I have since changed my configuration and just have the one run into my computer with only the one barrel connector and minimal cable lengths.

I thought about maybe buying a better antenna in the future, but went with the ant751r as it is sold at Best Buy and they price match with Amazon.. if things didn't work out I could have always returned it.
squarecmb is offline   Reply With Quote