View Single Post
Old 5-Jul-2013, 6:40 PM   #6
elmo

Ok, looks like you're "up the road a piece" from where I live.

I've got about 30 miles between me and real Ch 44's transmitter; that's my hardest channel to pick up (2Edge) but it works pretty well; @ 65% signal strength and 85% signal quality, according to my HDHomerun. As far as antenna, I have a Winegard HD7694P on the roof. I wasn't sure it was best for the install, but I moved w/it and decided to give it a try. So I've aimed it at the middle of the two tower clusters that are to your S & SSW directions. Let's just call those 27 & 22 to make it easier, based on the best real channel numbers from each. I am about 25 miles LOS from 22 and about 20 miles 1Edge from 27. I was afraid that the 7694 wouldn't have a wide enough beam to pick up from each direction, but it does pretty well. I've got good signals that seem to never pixelate.

I have a distribution amp inline because I have 75+ ft of coax then it gets split out to a pair of HDHR's and a pair of TV's.

So how does that help you? Maybe some, but maybe not that much. Similar reception can be tricky from one house to another just down the street, let alone across counties. You could try a 7694 and aim it at about 210 magnetic. You could also look at a smaller antenna like the ANT-751; it's a good choice for a reception situation like yours.

What I don't know about is how well you could get WAXN, since it'll be off the back side of the antenna. If short distance counts for anything, it's just 10 miles away. I have a similar situation where I'm using a 2nd antenna to aim at a station behind me because "off the back" wasn't very reliable. A 2nd antenna requires some careful integration to keep from colliding w/the 1st antenna. Mine are joined the easy way, thru the dual tuner HDHR.

Teleview was responding on this one too, so he may have some other suggestions.
elmo is offline   Reply With Quote