View Single Post
Old 11-Jan-2018, 6:45 PM   #14
Theresa

So most likely we won't be able to get service so do I even try or is it just a waste of money? Is it worth trying the Winegard HD7698P antennawith a preamp (Antennas Direct Juice or the Channel Master 7777HD/Amplify) are necessary and it should be at least 25' up facing south? It is possible to move 100' to the north or east to maybe increase our chances of reception. I was a little concerned about the Winegard HD8200U due to it's size and need for mounting. I'm assuming a Channel Master Mast will work OK but am concerned about straight line wind issues with an antenna mount. It also must be grounded correct? There is no need for 2 antenna's one north and one south as Nashville stations aren't likely. Should I try a less expensive antenna to see if there is any viability in even trying to get some type of service? Again, my main concern is getting a local channel during a storm which is impossible with Direct but we might be able to pick up something from the Roku even though our internet is in and out?
I did notice in the terrain map it is showing our neighbors home instead of ours but the north and south maps show our home. I know our neighbors at the beginning of our drive use something similar to the Clearstream V2 facing South East on the front of their mobil home (100' lower elevation) and get multiple channels but again we are tucked back a little further than they are.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote