View Single Post
Old 5-Dec-2017, 4:40 PM   #7
John76

I wanted to follow-up on my progress.

Purchased the Antennas Direct CV2. Over the weekend, I connected it to a TV with a tuner propped on a chair in an upstairs bedroom facing toward roughly 22 degrees. On the initial scan I received most channels desired; all Providence, and some Boston stations. I then held the antenna a little higher and rescanned. After a few attempts and adjustments, I was getting all Boston channels desired except one but had a real good idea the direction the antenna needed to face..

Feeling confident, I mounted on the exterior of my house, ran the co-ax and ground cable. I then connected again to the single TV tuner and rescanned. Fantastic, I had all Providence (4 Networks + PBS) and Boston (4 Networks + PBS) stations desired! The preliminary testing was key as (at least so far) once mounted on the house I did not have to make any further adjustments. Once the spring comes I will see if there is any degradation from trees and leaves.

I now have to properly get the 2nd TV with no OTA tuner installed. I have ordered "1byone" tuner from Amazon. I have a Silicon Dust HomeRun but there does not seem to be a good client available on either the Roku or Vizio Smartcast platforms.

I realize that my report was not the most challenging. Reading posts of locations trying to pull in a "whisper" of signal requires a lot of knowledge, effort, and trial and error. The posts on this site are full of really helpful knowledge. It helped me get up to speed on something I knew very little about and figure out what I should do. The Online Maps Aerial view was really useful getting the direction right. Many thanks to all.

John
John76 is offline   Reply With Quote