Thread: Is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 1-Apr-2011, 3:20 AM   #8
Andy

It is definitely worth it. You say you are in a difficult reception area but I only get PBS.

I don't miss the satellite or cable at all. I like having so few commercials and no commercial interruptions and I like the HD picture in comparison to sat or cable even on shows that are only 480i. And when the show is 720p and a nature documentary or Masterpice Theatre it can't be beat.

And after spending less than $100 at Walmart for the antenna & amplifier I am saving $50 a month (and I know most people 'have' to pay $70 to $100 a month to be innudated with offensive commercials with sound jacked up through the roof every few minutes and the same shows over and over and over).

Of course PBS and local stations repeat themselves all the time too but it's free. Buy $5 DVDs at Walmart or another discounter or rent from the $1 Redbox when you want to have something new to watch.

My question for everybody is there FTA sat signals in the US like when I lived in Europe? That was nice, if it's free good but otherwise forget it. More of a project than an interest in getting feeds of US commercial stations though international feeds would be curious.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote