Thread: New to tucson
View Single Post
Old 8-Jul-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
JoeAZ

New to tucson

Greetings Everyone, Unable to post, "New to Tucson" asked me
to post until they are able to do so.

could use your help
I'm sorry but can't seem to get permission to post on the forum for help. I would really appreciate any help that you can give us. Thanks so much in advance !

We are located in the NW part of Tucson about 18 miles north of the city center and about 4miles to the base of the Catalina Mountains. We would like to receive the following stations:
04 NBC
13 CBS
16 ABC
28 PBS
Our signal analysis results are at:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...90383f69b0b72e
Currently testing with a Clearstream 2Max:
Inside at 6’ height and pointing at 207-208 magnetic degrees, we receive channel 13.
Outside at 10’ height and pointing around 190 degrees, we receive channels 4 and 16.
We have no reception for channel 28.
We are using temporary coax cables to test (30’ inside, 80’ outside). We would like to finally connect to the internal house coax since we don’t have cable service. The cable box is at the SW corner of the house. The house coax run may be 80-100’ in length to our only TV. It seems that we will need to circumvent our neighbor’s trees by mounting the antenna on the roof top and running the coax to the cable box. That’s about 20 feet plus the antenna height. That is in addition to the interior coax house run.
After much reading of the forum, it sounds like we should ditch the multidirectional Clearstream and buy a directional antenna that shields from the mountains on the east side.
What would be the best setup to receive these channels? There seems to be one website where we can still buy the Winegard HD7210P Ghost Killer which receives VHF-LO and HI along with UHF. I’ve also read that the Channel Master CM3016 and Winegard HD8200U might be good alternatives. However, I really don’t know that much and am looking for advice.
Would we need a FM filter for the PBS channel? How about an amplifier to make up for the long coax run? There is a fire station situated about 1 mile away south east of us. Would that complicate our reception?

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 8-Jul-2019 at 4:46 PM. Reason: Repaired TVFR link
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote