View Single Post
Old 17-Oct-2016, 12:15 PM   #25
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
I've got a Mediasonic HW-150PVR. I'm not thrilled with it's user interface, but it delivers HD reception reliably. I loaned/donated it to my church so they could do a football fellowship between morning and evening services, but since we changed locations that's no longer feasible for reasons unrelated to reception or any related hardware.

I'm storing it at the moment, because I prefer using my SiliconDust HD-HomeRun tuners. I have a computer dedicated to the family room TV and use it to record OTA and watch alternate antenna sources in addition to YouTube and web surfing.

However, I respect your preference to not use a computer to watch TV.

I too have the Mediasonic Homeworx PV150PVR also. I mentioned that earlier and I share the same sentiments. Good picture, not so great interface. My remote has to be dead in front also. Off to a slight angle, it doesn't work. But for the price range it is fairly high functioning. Price isn't an issue though. I would pay more to have what I need.

I was interested in the HD Homerun, but found they don't make 2 RF input units anymore, but still call it a 2 input tuner, how does that work?

I wont be able to combine my two systems and feed it to a one RF input, and be any different than what I have now, correct?

I mean I wanted one tuner for my two antenna system.I am not opposed to using a PC, if it mean I wont have to put 2 tuners (or as Rabbit said two TVs in each room )

I tried to call Silicon Dust twice, but there is no answer. I was hoping they have some old stock or reman unit with 2 RF inputs.

Otherwise I will need another tuner, so I am keeping my eyes open

Last edited by bobsgarage; 17-Oct-2016 at 1:01 PM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote