View Single Post
Old 29-Feb-2016, 11:30 PM   #10
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Basically I took my C4V that is stacked horizontally and stacked them vertically. Used 2 300-75ohm converters to 12" equal length coax to a splitter used as a combiner. My result was a loss in signal to my FOX tower which is the hardest for me to get. I expected it to be as strong as horizontally stacked but I was wrong. The only problem I could think of was all these connections added up to a signal loss.
You need to flip one of the baluns. Most likely, you're feeding the combiner/splitter with one loop 180° out of phase which will cause a big, giant dead spot straight ahead with major lobes skewed high and low.

Quote:
This is the C4 spec sheet I had found thanks to Google. I'm thinking the 70 degree width is from the to bubbles on the higher UHF channels.
No. The HPBW is explicitly stated as 43° which is it's calculated value at the low end of UHF, it narrows to almost 30° at 698 MHz. Only the major lobe is considered when the HPBW is specified.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 29-Feb-2016 at 11:33 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote