View Single Post
Old 13-Dec-2011, 5:58 PM   #7
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
I see that it is Ok for Ground Ur Mast to recommend a HD8200U the largest consumer All Channel antenna there is , but is Not Ok for any one else to recommend a , all channel antenna. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=2831
Yes, I recommended a large all channel antenna... prefaced with "If I were starting from scratch, using the 25' AGL signal predictions..." I later edited the post to include my reasoning.

To be honest, noise on the low-VHF band and co-channel interference from the opposite direction make me think that the HD8200U has very little chance of reliable reception to the NBC affiliate WMC-DT, real CH-5. If there is a better NBC option, I've missed it.

Even a pair of cut-to-channel Yagis, stagger stacked to maximize the F/B ratio may not be enough to 'get' WMC-DT.

It's OK for anyone to agree or disagree with me. Please be polite and professional either way.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 13-Dec-2011 at 6:53 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote