View Single Post
Old 27-Sep-2011, 3:38 PM   #56
Turkaloo

Unfortunately, none of my neighbors in the close vicinity are using antennas. I have seen some around town that look like they have been professionaly installed probably before cable TV was offered in the area.
The guy I got the Phillips antenna from, had the antenna on a 20 foot mast and said he never even used it. I think most of the people that have these antennas moved into the houses that already had the antennas installed and never bothered to take them down.
Perhaps I could pick the mast I like and ask the property owner if they are using it; and if they arent, offer to dismantle it for them if I can have it.

I think at this point my best option is to make a clearing in the trees to the SSW and do a rescan to see if there are additional channels coming in.
Its only the trees are close by that I would need to worry about, right? I looked at a illustration of what a tree can do to UHF and VHF signals and it looks like the reception is vulnerable to change when the wind blows. That may explain pixelation I have seen on a couple of channels lately when strong storms with gusty winds have blown through the area.
Turkaloo is offline   Reply With Quote