View Single Post
Old 6-Jan-2015, 12:02 AM   #16
Roundabout

Tower Guy, I think the coordinates you came up with are a bit south of where I am and less shadowed by the ridge, I'm a couple of blocks north of Hillside Road and just about a block east of Carnelian St. Copy/Paste these coordinates in Google Maps and see what you can come up with: 34.159565, -117.618873

I've attached a picture from Google Earth to better show you what my location looks like. The perspective is a bit skewed but you can get an idea of what I'm up against. Now that I think about it, it seems like the ridge that is due west of me might not be the one you were talking about, I believe it's one side of Cucamonga Canyon but I'm not sure what its name is. Maybe you can play around with these coordinates and see what you think. My yard is mostly flat on the side with a slope towards the rear of the property (pretty standard around here, since the land rises to the north, most properties have some slope to them). There are three trees on the west side of my property (I know that's killer for UHF) but I'm going to look into having the city remove them, they're half dead and are a nuisance. It is possible to aim through them, however, they aren't too close together so it might not be too much of an issue - I hope.

Thank you so much for taking the time to research this for me! I really appreciate all the input and information, it helps greatly. There might be hope after all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alta_Loma.jpg (154.8 KB, 881 views)
Roundabout is offline   Reply With Quote