View Single Post
Old 20-Jul-2019, 5:12 PM   #4
GroundUrMast

To stream live TV to the laptop I need to do one more thing... I'm using VLC to display the video and audio so I need to tell VLC to send it's request to connect to the remote tuner to the VPN/proxy connection. Using the GUI menu of VLC, I choose Tools>Preferences>Show Settings(All)>Input/Codecs scroll to the Socks proxy section and set the Socks server to 127.0.0.1:4567

Now, when I use the GUI menu Media>Open Network Stream and enter the URL of my SiliconDust HDHR-Extend tuner, the connection request will be forwarded through an encrypted SSH tunnel to my Media-Center-PC which will connect to the tuner.

An alternate option I've tested uses the command-line

Code:
Example:

vlc --socks 127.0.0.1:4567 http://192.168.0.50:5004/auto/v4.1?transcode=none
This method of launching VLC does not permanently set the proxy option, so for normal use, VLC will not need to be reconfigured to the default of no proxy.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 18-Aug-2019 at 3:42 AM. Reason: Added command line example
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote